Saturday, April 17, 2010

Went to Calif to see Ryan








So I decided to go spend a few days with Ryan and watch some good soccer and kickball. I have so missed watching him play soccer and since he plays on an indoor league (outside)(on Saturday evenings) and plays on a kickball league on Monday nights.

His soccer game went well, the kid still has it, he is a natural when it comes to soccer and being a goalie. The kickball game never happened. It was rained out. I was so sad and dissappointed but heck I got to hang with him and we had fun.
On Sunday Ryan and I met up with an old friend of mine I haven't seen in close to 20 years, it was so nice catching up with her, she hasn't aged a bit, she looks like she did 30 years ago when I met her. I think we could have sat and talked all day, so nice to finally get to see her and catch up. She has 2 grown daughters and 3 grandkids and 2 great grandkids. Where oh where has the time gone?
After meeting with Linda off to meet up with Sheerin, Sheerin is one of my oldest friends (not in age but length of time we have known each other) I think we met when we were 8 or 10? so you could do the math, thats a lot of years. It was fun visiting with her and her hubby. Another friend we could sit and talk all day with. Too bad we were off to meet up with more friends and shopping. That was a short and sweet visit but fun, shopping and chitchatting.
On Monday we went to the Jay Leno show, that was fun, luckily we didn't have to wait in line long lucky we also got in. Ryan and I went to IKEA before going to Jay Leno and that took longer than we anticipated. The checkout alone took forever. Jay leno was a great experience. The guest were Russell Crowe and Jenna Elfman. Not a huge Russell Crow fan, Jenna was funny and tall. The music guest was Sade. She was ok, nothing to write home about though.
I will attempt to post some pictures now, (its been awhile so i may not remember how) well it looked like I was able to upload the pictures, just not in the order I wanted them. But that is ok
Bye for now and hopefully I will keep this blog up








No comments: